If you have never required the services of State To State Towing, there are some things that you need to do and think about. The successful completion of these recommendations will ensure each and every step of your Auto Transport experience goes smoothly and without incident.
- Typical Car Shipping companies cannot allow personal items in the trunk during transport.
- Inspect your car (inside and out) with your Vehicle Shipping company before you sign the Bill of Lading; note all dents, dings, scratches and rips. If no preliminary inspection is completed, the Auto Shipping company cannot be liable for any damages that occurred during transport. You will also do this before delivery is complete. - We recommend that you maintain your insurance during Transport! Most damage that occurs during normal State To State Towing conditions is not covered.
- If you are shipping a classic, custom, rare, exotic, or otherwise expensive vehicle, you may want to consider enclosed Auto Transport, it may be worth the extra cost!
- We also recommend that you have you car serviced and the gas tank low (1/4 tank) prior to Car Shipping.
If your car is inoperable, modified, lifted or oversized, you need to communicate this to the Vehicle Shipping company when you are getting your quote. This may cause you to be charged extra to put your vehicle on the Auto Shipping truck.
As you are making your Transport decision, please understand that State To State Towing is no different than any other industry! There are good Auto Transport companies and there are bad ones. You will even find that there are also some horrible Auto Transport companies. It is your job to shuffle through all the promises to find out if the company you are using is a good one or a horrible one! That is not an easy task, but it is possible.
The decision of what Car Shipping company will get your business should not be taken lightly. Here are some tips to live by.
- Just because a Vehicle Shipping company has a website does not mean they are the best fit.
- Just because they have a 800 number does not mean they are the best fit.
- Just because they “say” they move a high volume of cars” does not mean they do.
- Just because they say they have a fleet of Auto Shipping trucks or the largest fleet of trucks does not mean they do.
- Just because they are the “cheapest” does not mean they are the best choice.
- Just because they are more expensive does not mean they are the best.
Any Transport company can have all those things and stick it to you! Just because they are State To State Towing company does not mean they are a healthy company and does not mean that you have to go with them! The truth is that a lot of these guys are really good at “selling”! Their experience in Auto Transport has taught them which buttons to push! Many of them are smooth on the phone and will make all the promises in the world. No one can ever promise that you will have a quality Car Shipping experience because there are too many things out of their control. After all, accidents happen to everyone.
These Vehicle Shipping companies are run by people that are not exempt from bad days, therefore, State To State Towing recommends that you do your homework before you make a final Auto Shipping choice! Always do your research, check up on the Transport company, ask a lot of questions and ask for State To State Towing references! Go ahead and Google them because you may be surprised what you find!
If you would like more info on State To State Towing and how we can help you move your car, please do not hesitate to call our office or fill out one of our Auto Transport forms and we will contact you directly!